Saturday 10 December 2011

Peanut Butter Apple Cookies

Once again, this post is not quite what is was meant to be, but as I haven't typed the recipe up for my Christmas cupcakes yet I thought I'd fill the space with these lovelies, which have been waiting a long time. I don't know if you've discovered the uber-snack that is apple slices and peanut butter (I'm sure I've gone on about it before) but these cookies were the product of that, baked for a friend's Amnestea. And very good they were too, I promise you. 

Peanut Butter and Apple Cookies
Adapted from ‘The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook’ this makes around 15 cookies

Ingredients 
110g butter
100g caster sugar
100g soft dark brown sugar
1 egg
120g crunchy peanut butter
170g plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
One medium apple, chopped finely

Preheat the oven to 160 for a fan,
Cream the butter and sugars together until light and, well, creamy looking. Then beat in the egg, followed by the peanut butter (more or less depending on taste, and also feel free to use smooth if you rather, but I like the added texture of the peanut pieces.) Mix the flour and the bicarb together as you weigh, then fold it into the cookie dough, with the chopped apple. Put the mixture into the fridge (I left mine overnight) then when you’re ready and it’s nice and chilled, bake around 5 on a tray at a time for 12-15 minutes until golden (Mine weren't quite as orange as the photo's suggest, but the camera was having a tango moment)




1 comment:

  1. OMG - looks delicious, thanks for sharing!

    I am back from hiberation with a giveaway, I hope you will stop by ;)

    ReplyDelete