Monday 19 September 2011

Hazelnut-Choc-Chunk Cookies

Really, I can claim no credit for these 'crunchy on the outside, nuttily sweet and soft on the inside' beauties. The recipe is shamelessly stolen from my sisters lovely blog , the only difference being me FORGETTING to add oats. How does that happen? I love oats! So as you can see, I rolled a few of the dough balls in oats to assuage my guilt slightly. And in place of dark chocolate chunks I used some cheeky Green and Blacks Butterscotch chocolate I found in the baking cupboard. Mmmmm. And nice for a change, but next time I make these I'll revert to dark I think, to showcase the hazelnutty dough.

Sarah's Choc Chunk 
Hazelnut Oaties

Ingredients
8oz butter
4 oz caster sugar
5 oz dark brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla syrup 
5 oz plain flour 
4 oz bread flour (or just 9oz plain)
50g chopped up chocolate and hazelnuts
50g oats
Preheat the oven to 160 ish for a fan
Cream the butter and sugars together until they have a buttercream-like consistency, then add the egg and vanilla and beat again till smooth.
Sift the flour(s) into the bowl and fold in with a spoon, then add the chocolate, nuts, and oats (optional apparently)
The dough will be quite stiff. Put it in the fridge and forget about it...go have lunch, cuppa tea, tiddlywinks match, whatever you fancy just let the dough to chill a bit so your butter doesn't melt the cookies all over the place when in the oven. Then when you're ready and the dough's nicely chilled, place balls of it onto lined sheets and bake for 12-15 mins until golden.



3 comments:

  1. these were absofrickinglutely delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omnomnomnom. Nom.
    That will be all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nom nom indeed! This is such a great and simple recipe, which are the ones I always try out for myself! This looks delicious.... with a cup of coffee, mmm!

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete